Chapter 10
"Why You Wanna Trip on Me...."
Alem's P.O.V. cont.
Lunch was great. It was good to spend the unexpected time with Mike. After we finished up he went right back to work with promises of a good night when we meet later at his place. I found myself in front of the studio puffing intently on a cigarette. My mind accessed my archives and I bring up my interaction with Mike's assistant and my gut tells me there is more than just a protective vibe coming from her. Dare I say she was scrutinizing me heavily and it made me not so comfortable. I'm not one to harbor jealousy. I always found it easier to back away from a situation before that feeling invaded my mind. I hate drama due to foolish misunderstandings and inflated egos. This was different though. I am in love with Michael so moving on was not an option. Love was one ingredient that has never been involved in the mix before. Not in my adult years anyway. Maybe he was right. I'll just give it a chance and try and get to know her. I flick the ash from my cigarette and bring it back to my lips when I see Frank pull up in front of the studio. He stepped out of the car as the driver opened the door for him.
"Well, well hey baby doll."
He called over to me. I flash him a grin and a military salute as he approached me.
"Hey Frank." I hailed him.
His signature stogie hung from his lips as he eyed me wryly.
"What do you want with Mike girlie?"
He was a little too close for comfort. I knew he was doing it to intimidate me but I did not care. I used my palm flat against his chest and ease him back a bit.
"Well you don't mince words do you?" I chuckle bitterly.
He opened his mouth to respond but I raise my hand to stop him.
"I don't want anything from Michael , Frank and just so you know whatever we have between us is none of your business."
"He is my business Alem. It's my job to make sure he keeps his mind on track. The last thing he needs is to be distracted by some fling?"
An angry lump rose in my throat with a backing of bile pushing hard against it, threatening to spill out of my mouth on to this pathetic little man. I swallow it and look him in the eyes.
"Let me make some things clear to you FRANK. Firstly f*ck you, second I'm not here to distract Michael from his work. I know how important it is to him so I would never impede him in what he has to do. Third, for your information this is no fling we care for each other." I say stubbing out my cigarette on the wall.
"You care about him or his fame and money?"
"Ohhhhh I see where this is going."
I smile and I cant help the laugh spilling out of me and just as quickly as it started it stopped and a seriousness grips me.
"Listen Frank, I grew up with celebrities. See this studio, it was started by My uncle Jimmi, you know Jimmi Hendricks. Knew him since I was a kid. Fame is not foreign to me infect it's not all that appealing. Mikes flesh and blood and thats what I care about, HIM, MIKE, not 'Michael Jackson' " I say giving air quotes.
" As for money, I can buy and sell you a thousand times. I have more money than I would ever know what to do with in my life time. Don't let my appearance fool you buddy." I tugged on the paint splattered overalls to emphasis my point.
"I don't want or need anything from him. Got that."
I jabbed him in his portly shoulder to punctuate my words. Frank stood , his mouth hung open and he was blinking rapidly clearly taken off guard by my directness. People always mistook my kindness for weakness and my humor for stupidity but Mama and Baba didn't raise no ditty fool and I can stand up for myself now.
"I understand its your job to protect him Frank and I will not stand in your way of doing that…..when it comes to his music but as far as I'm concerned you need not worry. When it comes to our personal behind closed doors matters thats between him and me and YOU will not come between that. If you have anything else to say on the matter, I would take it up with Mike if I were you."
I light up another cigarette. I needed to calm my ragged nerves a bit before I said anything else.
"I'm just looking out for the kid you would not believe how many people try to use him for personal gain." he choked out.
"Like you?" I look up at him and his brows furrow.
"Lets face it Frank your stake in this is more than just out of caring so much. Mike is your lively hood I understand that, I'm not judging just stating facts its nothing to be ashamed of. It's the nature of the beast. Don't worry I'm not going to mess up your money." He remained quiet I guess he was collecting his thoughts.
"I'm not one of those people Frank."
I bit puffing on my cigarette one last time before I turn to enter the building but I feel his stubby fingers grasp my wrist softly.
"Im sorry I really am. I just…… I am just trying to look out for him really I am." I soften a bit at his apology.
I'm surprised by it. Frank seemed like the kind that would be a bully and give it how he got it but the man before me seems genuine in his words.
"I understand Frank I do." I say patting him on his shoulders.
The look in his eyes pointed to him being sorely put in his place by my words.
"I must say I never expected you would stand up to me like you did. I'm at a loss for words and if you knew me well enough you would know this does not happen very often. It's rear to see a woman not want anything from the kid." He took the stogie from his lips and put his hand out for a shake.
"Let's start over, deal." I looked down at his out stretched hand and took it in my own.
"Deal." I was glad the tensions between me and Frank were soothed for the time being.
Now all I have to tackle was Jolie. I hope it will be as easy to get pass whatever it is causing the tensions between us as it was with Frank.
"I'll see you around kid" he patted me on the back and I nodded.
"See ya Frank, I'm glad we have an understanding." I added
"No problem Alem, no problem and sorry again."
"It's cool."
With that He went inside and headed to Mr Storks office.
"Back to work." I sigh heavily and cover my ears with my headphones.
I work till a few minutes past 8pm before I head out for the day. I'm finally almost done I can't believe it. The journey was a long one but I truly adored the final out come it would always be a part of me. I stood in front of my massive undertaking and took it all in. Two months and a lot of sweat and paint and I feel like I literally gave birth.
"Absolutely beautiful!" I hear the familiar voice come from the hallway.
I spin to find to find Mr Don Stork smiling broadly with his hands clasped under his chin. "Jimmi would me proud Alem" he was moved to tears as he walked up and embraced me in a heart warming hug.
"Do you really think so?"
I can't escape the waterworks and soon I too am crying as we both looked upon the mural.
"I know so. It's more than I expected young lady. You did good."
"Thanks Uncle D." I reply finally getting my tongue to work.
"Come on back to the office so I could write you your big fat check." He chuckled.
"Oh Uncle D do you mind if I pick it up tomorrow. I still have a few things left to do and I will be completely done." I state wanting to get home and clean up so I could see my man later.
"Sure sweetheart , no problem and thank you so much again. I truly love it."
He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and turned to head to the office.
"No thank you for trusting my talent. I appreciate it a lot."
He turned to face me once more.
"Your parents would be proud."
The mention of my parents got my eyes tearing up again as I give him one last hug before I head out the door. Oh, my parents would be proud. I missed them so much in moments like these.
Jolie's P.O.V.
Its been three months since that night I walked into Mike's hotel room to find him crying into his glass of Jack Daniels. I knew it was due to his father being there earlier but I knew he would never tell me that out right. I can't say I was not completely surprised by him kissing me. At first I was reluctant because I knew he was not 100 percent in his right mind but I had wanted it to happen for so long I just went along with it. I knew he regretted it. As soon as he came, even before discarding the condom he began sobbing uncontrollably. I was more than a little hurt by it but the intimacy we shared was something I needed from him. Sad I know. In all the years I have worked for him I had to love him from afar. He was sweet and beautiful beyond belief. He was oozing sex appeal with out even trying and I had to check myself overtime I was in his presence. We had grown close in our friendship but he had always kept it at just that and I respected that but my restraint went out with the bath water as soon as his soft lips touched mine. Here we were naked and tangled in his bed sheets him crying and me feeling pathetic for having taken advantage of the situation. I should have used my better judgement and stopped it but a part of me thought maybe this would be what set us on the path to our love. It's not the way I wanted it to happen but I would take it how I got it .
I knew he didn't love me the same as I loved him. He cared for me yes but not in the way I adored him. Over time I hoped he would open his eyes and finally see me. I was a catch by any standard. I graduated top of my class from Columbia University. I am beautiful, I've heard it enough to now it was fact and I was one smart cookie to boot. We ended the night however agreeing to put the experience behind us and move forward as friends and professionals. More so on his part than mine. I still wanted my job so I didn't accept his offer to resign with a hefty one year severance. After a month of no full eye contact and awkward exchanges I asked Mike for some time off to gather myself and put a little distance between us so we could regain some sort of normalcy. The whole thing had left me wanting him even more. It was quite amazing to say the least. No man had ever made me feel the way he did and he was not even performing at full capacity. After my two month long hiatus I slipped back into my role as Mike's assistant and so far so good for today. The minor glitch of the little artist entering the picture no pun intended has me a little suspect. The last thing Mike needed was a starving artist trying to ride his coat tails into money and fame. I have to admit her talent is undeniable. I had inspected the painting of Mike and also the one in the studio and they were both breathtaking. However I can't allow her to use that to weasel her way into Mikes life.
They had seemed really cozy at lunch but I know Mike is a nice guy and was giving her his attention as a thank you for her good work. After she left the studio we went back to work and me and Mike seemed to be back to our old selves for the most part. We never spoke of the incident as I like to call it after it happened. It felt good to be back in his presence again. I had missed him. The day had been long and we went back to his place to finalize his schedule for the next couple of days. It was going to be hectic. The album was almost done and promotions were going to start full swing. It was going to get hectic and fast.
"Welcome back to my world girl."
Mike had said throwing his version of a wink at me as we left the studio. I smiled as a warm feeling made it's way into my belly and the butterflies were sent into a frenzy.
"I knew you couldn't do without me." I laughed tapping his arm lightly.
Michael's P.O.V.
I was glad Jolie was back and all the awkwardness of the past few months seemed to have gone and our comfortable professionalism was back. After we went over my schedule. I noticed it was nearing 9 o clock and Alem would be here in the next hour or so. I wanted everything to be in place when she arrived. The chef had prepared some dinner and I had him chill Alem's favorite wine.
"Something smells good." I hear over my shoulder.
"Yeah I'm having a late dinner." I reply walking back into living room.
I was not going to get into more detail than that with her. The situation was a little delicate and I did not really wish for her to know too much of my personal business. We were keeping it professional after all.
"Oh ok let me get out of your hair then. I will see you tomorrow so we could finish up everything."
"See ya Mike." She grabbed her things and look over her shoulder at me.
"See ya girl, get home safe." I walk her to the door and wave as she made her way to the elevators.
Closing the door I glance at the clock. 9:30, perfect. I went up stairs to grab a quick shower and ready myself for Alem to arrive.
The doorbell chimed and I ran to the door after making sure everything was in place. My chef had left for the night and it would be just me and Alem. I swung the door open to find a vision in white. Alem was wearing a form fitting off the shoulder tube dress that hit her just above the knee and a pair of what had to be at least 5 inch hunter green heels. Her gorgeous form could be seen perfectly and it had me stirring down below. Her wild curls were tamed in a side ponytail that cascaded over her right shoulder as her left lay bare contrasting with the gleaming white of her dress. I pulled her into the apartment and into my arms.
"Mmmmm, you look and smell divine baby girl."
I manage to choke out the scent of roses filled my nostrils mixed with the cocoa that seem to be her natural scent.
"So do you sweets."
she placed a tender kiss on my lips and before she could pull away I slip my tongue into her warm mouth and get lost in the sweet taste of her tongue. I felt like devouring her whole as we stood there just to get her as close to me as possible. Instead I pull away reluctantly.
"Come." I take her hand in mine.
"Let me show you around." I whisper in her ear before placing a kiss on her bare shoulder.
"I know you already saw this much." I gesture with my hand to the foyer.
"Yeah I tried to peek and see more but your assistant proved to be a good guard dog and ushered me out the door quickly." She chuckled.
"Sorry about that baby at least I get to show you around myself." I pulled her closer to me and walk her into the living room.
"Wow!"
Alem's intake of air puts a smile on my face. She walked over to my floor to ceiling windows and take in the view.
"Do you like it." I asked coming up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.
"I love it Mike, you can see everything from here. Its beautiful." she sighed with satisfaction.
"Not as beautiful as you." I say kissing her slender neck.
Her scent fills my being again and it has my head spinning with lust. I want to lay her down right here and love her into oblivion. Not now, put myself in check as I continue to take in her scent. I want to get through dinner at least. After showing Alem the rest of the place she seemed pleased with my placement choice of the painting. I had decided to place it above the fireplace in the living room. I had to admit it looked spectacular in its new home. We were now seated across from each other delighting in the Fettucini Marina and salad my chef had expertly prepared for us. Sipping on her honey wine she eyed me seductively causing me to grin widely.
"What are you thinking about girl." She batted her ever so long lashes in my direction.
"Oh nothing just you look extremely scrumptious tonight."
I place my wine glass back on the table and reach for her hand placing a soft kiss on her knuckles.
"So do you baby girl, I cant wait to taste you." A low moan escaped my throat.
I look into Alem's eyes and my gaze is averted by the sight of her pink tongue darting out to moisten her lips. Still holding her hand I stand pulling her up with me.
"What are you doing Dapper Dan?" She whispered her bottom lip disappearing between her gleaming white teeth.
I use the remote that I had laying next to my wine glass and turn the stereo on and Percy Sledge came drifting through the room. "When a Man loves A Woman bathed our ears.
"Dance with me."
I pull her close to me and lead her to the living room stoping in the middle hugging her closer to my body and start swaying to the rhythm. Alem wraps her arms loosely around my neck. One of my hands lay on the dip of her back as the other slowly caressed her face. Our eyes engage in a sensual dance of their own. Delving into each other I sing along to the song softly in her ear. I pulled her face closer to mine as my other hand made a home at the nape of her swan like neck. I sucked her bottom lip into my mouth pulling at it with my teeth as I grazed my tongue back and forth over it. I release it and dipped my tongue into her honey flavored mouth. I back away from her a little and rest my forehead to hers.
"God baby. I want you, Can I have you?" I licked my lips and leaned into her once more.
"I want to make love to you all night, slow and deep." Both my hands were massaging the globes of her firm ass.
"You can have me anytime sweets."
Her head fell to my shoulder and I pull her to me as we continue to rock to the music. I relish in the moment as our bodies swayed as one.
"Come on Dan take me to your room so I can give it to you gooooood."
Her warm breath blazed a trail along my neck igniting a fire in my very soul. She had finished her sentence with a drawn out moan and it has me twitching violently against the fabric of my jeans. As if she had Spidey senses or something her hand lowered to massage my growing erection. Without warning I grab her by the waist and throw her over my shoulder.
"Miiiiike what are you doing?" She shrieked slapping me on the ass.
"Im taking you where you can give it to daddy."
Her small frame makes it easy for me to carry her up the stairs to my room with both of us laughing hysterically. As we arrive in my room. I sighed with relief that the daytime maid had cleaned my room thoroughly. I throw her on the bed and she landed bouncing a bit. I walked back to the door locking it behind me. I walked back over to her as her giggles subsided to give way to a sexy smirk. She cocked her head to the side taking in my every move. As I approach the bed she sat up on her knees and I stood before her. I take her face into my palms as she gripped me tightly at the waist. I brushed my thumb over her lips before delving into her waiting mouth. My hands find the zipper in the back of her dress and I lower it. She took over from me pulling it all the way down revealing she is completely bare underneath.
"OOOhhhh no panties. Mmmmmm. What are you trying to do to me girl?"
My hands reached up to massage the perfectly rounded globes of her titties. I flicked the hardened nipples back and forth with my thumbs before pulling and tugging at them gently.
"Miiike."
She moaned as her head fell back in pleasure. I took the opportunity to take her right nipple in my mouth and alternating between sucking and licking it. I lavish equal attention on the left one not wanting to leave it out. Her hands clutched at my curls pulling my head closer to her taut body. Her sultry moans have me hardening to stone and it was stifling in my tight jeans. I release my self from her grasp slowly.
"Lay down baby." I hiss through clenched teeth as I stripped down to my boxer briefs.
She obeys my request diligently as I towered over her beautiful temple. My head lowers to the crook of her neck nipping and sucking the succulent flesh there.
"Can daddy taste your sweet pussy baby girl. I want to feel your pink folds with my tongue while I make love to you with it. So can I have some?"
My hand had journeyed down to her center and I swiped my index finger back and forth over her clit before dipping it into here wetness. I bring my finger to my lips and suckle at it spreading her sweetness on my taste buds and I crave for more.
"Taste me Baby." She purred.
I suck and lick a path down to her bellybutton and I take time out to appreciate the tattoo that never failed to turn me on. Finally at my destination.
"Spread your legs for me sweetheart."
She obliged. Immediately my tongue darts out and flicks repeatedly over her engorged clit.
"Ohhhh fuuuccck Mike you make me feel sooooooo good baby ahhhhhhhh."
I hear her moan as she took to tugging at her nipples twisting and pulling them as she pumped her hips at my face. I'm far gone now as I managed to remove my boxers with one hand I continue my ministrations and begin stroking my cock vigorously.
"I. Mmmmm. Love. Oohhhh. How. You. Taste. Baby." I say between sucking and massaging he wet pussy with my mouth.
I slipped two fingers in. They get sucked in to her warmth and I stroke her with the same rhythm I am using to tug at my shaft. I feel her constrict around my fingers and her essence dripped down my hand. I allow her flavor to thickly coat my tongue as well and I devour it all.
"Mmmmm delicious, can I make love to you now baby. Can daddy make love to this tight pussy? I need to be inside you so bad." I climb up her body so my face was level with hers.
Alem took my cock in her hands and stoked it.
"Sit up baby." She eased her body from under me.
"I want to ride your cock." I sat up as she straddled me.
We both watched as I impaled her with my cock. The sight is something to behold. It hypnotized me as I watched myself appear and disappear into her hot tunnel. Our mouths connect and we travel the path to place only we could take each other. Heaven. I love this woman so much my heart aches with the thought of never being in her arms again. The thought has me gripping tighter to her beautifully spread hips as I guide her up and down.
"I love you Miiiicheeaallll, baby I love you sooooooo much." she sputtered a little trying to get the words out.
"I love you too sweetheart. With all that I have in me."
I flip us over and gazed down into her eyes before resuming my deep strokes. I put one of her legs over my shoulder so I could get deeper. I grind her nice and slow but soon that is not enough. I feel both our orgasms close now and I start hammering into her as if I was going to literally nail her ass to the bed.
"Daddy's going to cum, cum with me baby. Can you cum with daddy."
Our wanton moans permeate the air as we both spasm our climaxes hitting us hard. Our satiated bodies sweat riddled and weakened collapsed on the bed. Curling into each the we allowed sleep to wrap us in is warm embrace.
The morning comes too quickly in my opinion and I awake to find Alem's side of the bed empty. I hear the shower going. Rolling over I look at the clock it was seven am and I had a meeting at nine. I pick myself up out of bed and trudge to the bathroom to join my baby in the shower.
"Hey baby." Her smooth syrupy voice coats my heart .
I stepped into the shower placing a tender kiss to her forehead. We wash each other's body and hair and begin to get ready for our day.
"Do you want some coffee?" I asked walking into the bedroom right behind her.
"Do you even have to ask?" She giggles.
" Todays my last day at the studio you know, I will be finished with the mural today." She sounded a bit sad.
"Yeah you told me already baby girl. I only have a couple of weeks left myself. The album is almost done completely."
"Wow thats wonderful honey. When does it come out?"
"In late August." I reply walking up to her and embracing her.
"I can't wait Mike."
"Me neither sweetheart." I chuckle
"Come on lets go get that coffee, last one downstairs is a rotten egg."
I tag her arm and barrel out of the room closing the door on her, I ran down the stairs finding Jolie standing in the living room with some files tucked under her arm.
"Jolie what are you doing here?"
Before she could get her answer out, Alem's voice trailed down the hall.
"Mike you cheater!" she yelled coming down the stairs halting behind me.
I sense that she too is caught off guard by my assistant being here.
"Hi Jolie." Alem greeted her from behind me.
The look on Jolie's face denotes pure shock at Alem's presence.
"H…..Hi Alem." She managed to stammer out.
"I'll go get us that coffee Michael." Alem reached up and placed a kiss on my lips.
"Ok baby. I'll be right there."
My eyes follow Alem's retreating form out of the room. My attention is brought back from my sinful daydreams by Jolie clearing her throat.
"I came to pick up these files I left here yesterday for the meeting today and I figured I would just ride with you. I'm sorry for intruding I didn't know you where having company."
She fidgeted with the papers in her hand looking down at her suit picking at what I suppose is imaginary lint.
"It's ok Jolie, yes we could ride together."
"Would you like some coffee Jolie." Alem yelled from the kitchen.
"Coffee" I ask motioning to the kitchen.
"Oh no thanks, I had some before I got here. None for me thanks." She yelled back to Alem.
"Make sure everything is set for the meeting girl." I called over my shoulder on my way to the kitchen.
I enter to find Alem stirring some soy milk into her coffee. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and kiss her neck savoring her rich scent.
"Here you go baby black like you like it."
"Thank you sweetheart." I take the hot mug from her hands.
"I guess Jolie knows about us now huh?" She giggled
"I guess she does." I smile at her biting down on my lip.
"I still don't think she's too fond of me." She sipped her coffee.
"She's cool baby."
"We will see." We both finished our coffee.
"I'm going to go brush my teeth." She washed both mugs and put them in the sink.
"I'm right behind you baby girl."
I slap her lightly on the tush and she yelped and giggled walking into the living room arm in arm with me. Jolie was arranging the papers for the meeting.
"Everything set girl."
"Yes boss."
Jolie answered but it was in a way that made me take a second glance at her. Her head remained down and she continued fussing with the papers.
"I'll be down in a minute and then we can head out , just give Bill the heads up." I added as Alem and I climbed the stairs.
"Ok Mike." Came the simple cold reply.
I say my goodbyes to my Alem in the parking garage by her Land Rover before she hopped in and pulled the door closed.
"See you later, my place?" She asked sweetly.
"Maybe not tonight baby girl. I'll be on the grind tonight to catch up. Its going to be a lot of all nighters from here on out." I sigh heavily and look to her.
"Awww I understand baby but call me ok sweets. "
"I sure will. and you can stop by before you leave out from there later ok. When your completely done. Now give me some chocolate." I say leaning in and latching on to her lips one last time.
"Mike you better go, you don't want to be late do you?"
"See you later baby girl. I love you." I give her a regretful wave.
"I love you too baby." she winked as she pulled out of the spot and takes off.
My mind lingers on her soft lips for a short while. I sighed and walked over to my waiting car. I slipped on my Ray Bans as I looked to Jolie noting her change in demeanor from earlier. Bill pulled out onto the streets of New york taking us into traffic. I glance at my assistant sitting across from me and she is uncharacteristically quiet.
"Is everything ok Jolie?" I ask not mincing words.
"I'm fine." She responded tersely not taking her eyes off the the passing scenery.
"You can count on my silence about the girl. Would you like me to draw up a confidentiality agreement? I would hate for her to put your business in the streets once this thing is over."
I'm slightly taken aback by her frankness and I frown feeling more than a little upset at her words.
"This is not just a 'thing' Jolie. Alem is my girlfriend and not the it's any of your business but I'm in love with her."
Her head whipped around at my declaration and I see something akin to hurt flash in her eyes for a moment before she she stiffly turned her head back around.
"Does she know about us Mike?" She asked
"Jolie there is and was no us. There is nothing for her to know. This happened before I even met her. What we did was a mistake I thought we made that clear to move on."
She turned back to me the same look of hurt lingering a little longer this time but disappears just the same.
"Is this going to be a problem Jolie?" She cleared her throat.
" It won't be a problem Mike. Your right it's none of my business and I have moved on. Don't worry it won't come up again." She ran her hand down the front of her suit straightening it out.
"I would hope you keep this as discreet as possible, we are not exactly announcing it to the world yet."
"You can rest assured I will Michael." She said turning her head back to the car window.
I could tell she wanted to say more but she held her tongue and I also left it at that. The rest of the car ride is shrouded in silence. The day continued with Jolie's stand offish behavior. I'm not too sure now that she has gotten over the incident and it gives me pause. Strike one. I will have to keep an eye out now. Maybe Alem was right, Jolie might have a small disdain for her but it's not Alem's fault I overstepped and now the pass was coming back to haunt me. I have to tell Alem so there is no misunderstandings. I thought we had moved on, I would hate to have to choose between my friend and my lover, my woman, my everything. I hope against hope that it would never have to come to that as I know Jolie will pull it together and stay professional like we agreed.
Awww is it wrong that I feel bad for Jolie. She's been in love with Mike for the longest, yet the day she returns to work, she realizes that Mike truly has found a GIRLFRIEND.
ReplyDeleteI can feel her hurt in that vehicle. Awww man.
But she did say that she can keep things professional between her and Mike and she KNOWS that there has been and WILL BE nothing between them so...
I hope hedoesn't have to wind up firing her.
And this isn't Alem's fault so I hope Jolie doesn't do anything to hurt her.
Ahhh yes, and I have to touch on Alem putting Frank in his place-- I loved that part! He had some nervecoming at my girl like that!!!
LET 'EM KNOW ALEM!! You have your own!! You're not with Mike for his money!!!
Love it Menen!!!