Banner by the Illustrious sexyeyes

Monday, July 4, 2011

Chapter 8
"…I like the way how you loving me"

Michael's P.O.V. cont.


When we finally arrived at the studio Alem was not out front. A small jolt of disappointment come over me but its gone as soon as it came when I hear her melodic laughter coast down the hallway. A smile slowly spread across my face. Bill and Big bob trail behind me as they always do. My trusty shadows, what would I do with out them. Upon approach, I hear her yell.

"Hey give that back you jackass."

"Not until you tell me where you been girl."

I see LL Cool J holding her walkman hostage as she jumps to try and release it from his grasp. I felt the green eyed monster jump on my back as my jealousy over took me. I swallow the hard lump threatening to choke me and I clear my throat.

" Hey MJ, Whats up brotha." LL yells with a little to much excitement.

All the while his arm lowers and Alem immediately grabs the device from his hand.

"Gimme that you can be such a pr!ck some times James." She pouted her soft brown lips.

"Hey y'all."

My voice sounded like I just swallowed a bag of cat hair and my throat felt just the same. LL reaches out for a pound and I reciprocate. Casting my gaze on the woman I had made love to just hours before, my heart rate increased and I smile at her.

"Hey Mike how ya been." The playful glint in her eyes causes me to chuckle.

"I m good girl, very good." I lick my lips before I'm snapped out of my trance as Alem elbowed LL in the side sharply causing him to double over.

"Owwww girl you are stronger than you look you know." He laughed and I took the opportunity to steal Alem away.

"Oh Alem I have that thing I wanted show you." I say matter -of -factly hitching my thumb to the Studio door.

I'm lying through my teeth of course but Alem caught on real quick.

"Oh okay." She replies following me.

"See ya, ya punk." She bids farewell to a grinning LL and I excuse myself as well.

When we get through the door Bruce was already situated in his usual spot at the sound board.

"Hey Bruce. How you doing man, where's Q?" I ask.

"Oh Hey Mike , Miss Alem." Ally sends a nod and a hey his way.

"He's running a little late Mike he'll be here in a few." I shrug my shoulders and held the door to the lounge open allowing Alem to go in before me.

I entered behind her locking the door and scooping her in my arms all in the same bound.

"I missed you baby." I whisper placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"You just saw me this morning crazy." She giggled, smacking me lightly on the shoulder.

"I know, but still I missed you."

My lower lip disappeared into my mouth and I placed my forehead on hers looking her in the eyes I nozzle my nose with hers so she knows I mean it. She grabbed the lapels of my shirt and pulls me in for a long kiss.

" I missed you to Dan." She whispered against my lips before biting on her bottom lip mirroring my expression.

"I got to get back to work though sweets."

"Arrgggh." I moan playfully as she slipped out the door. I blow her a kiss and she caught it to her heart.

"Bye Mike."

"See you soon girl." Its time for me to get to work too.

Suddenly her laughing and talking so freely with LL did not sit right with me. I saw the look he was giving her. I've seen it a million times from my brothers when they caught a girl in their sights. He wanted her , simple as that. I have my downfalls I am a man after all and I do not like sharing. I was selfish that way. It was not her that I didn't trust it was him. It was not like I could stop her from speaking with him, Alem was too free for that kind of pressure. Still my possessive side was slowly creeping in. Indeed, I was in love with her!

Alem's P.O.V.

Back to work, man that was the best birthday I had had since I was a kid. I applied paint to my palate and retrieve my brushes from the place where I stored my supplies. I have got to get back into my groove though. All these feeling I was having had me a bit flustered. I have never felt this way about anyone before. Not even my first love made butterflies breakdance in my belly like Mike did. All I wanted was to held securely in his arms forever, it felt like home. The lovemaking was great. That Dapper Dan was big boy enough to keep a harem satisfied. He had become more than just a good f*ck to me. At least that is how I felt. I let him into places in my heart and mind no man was ever been privy into entering. Was it too early to be in love with someone I practically just met. I don't know and it scares me to death. Its only been a week but my heart swells in his presence every time. From the moment he took my hand and helped my up off the floor till the moment he slid out of me this morning the feeling was there undefined and lingering but it was there none the less. I lift my head to the heavens and let out a query.

"Do I love this man?"

As if I was hit by a ton of bricks his face flashes in my mind and the answer falls into my lap with a thud. One simple word but it weighed a ton.

"Yes."

I squint my eyes closing and opening them to refocus to the task at hand. I delve right back into work mode pushing the thoughts of love to the back of my mind and there it stayed for hours while my art filled the void. I finish up at my usual time and got ready to head out. Sandy had already left and Mikes crew were the only ones left in the back. I walked down the corridor towards Studio A only to be met by the red light indicating that they were recording. Sighing softly I leave it be and head home. I got home to my loft and it felt empty. The infectious laughter that it bore merely hours earlier replaced by an all too familiar silence. I settle in and pour myself a glass of wine lit a cigarette and made myself comfortable at my window seat. Looking out into the lights of the city. I smile to myself as I know he is out there.

Over the next couple of days, even though we were working in the same place we never seemed to be there at the same time. Our hectic schedules were in full effect but at least we did get to talk on the phone every night. During one of those late night talks I found out that he had to go back to LA for work and family obligations and I couldn't help but feel alone again. Who am I to complain the man had his work to do and there is nothing worse that a clingy whiney woman so I concede to my feelings of self pity. I was sitting on the couch watching reruns of Perry Mason, I love me some law shows, I chuckle to myself as the ringing of the phone brings me out of my television induced trance.

"Hello."

"Heeeeey Baby." I hear Mikes syrupy voice wash over me and I melt into a puddle of Alem goo right there on my couch.

I have not seen him since our first day back at the studio and I missed him terribly.

"Hey sweets where are you?" I ask.

"I'm back in Cali already, just got here a couple of hours ago. I miss you sweetheart."

"Yeah me too. When do you get back out here?"

"I'll be here for the next two weeks, Sorry babe."

"No I understand Mike no need for sorry babe."

We talk for a while about what we've been up to and so on and so forth. The light banter comes to an end.

"F*ck Ally I need you so much right now girl." He suddenly let out with a groan.

"I miss your smell, your taste, your touch girl." He sighed softly letting his breath seep out slowly from his lungs.

"Mike I miss you too, so much boy you don't even know."

I place one of the couch cushions between my legs to dull the ache slowly building there. I feel my eyes tearing up and he must have caught something in my voice. Am I crying, I never cry, not for a man at least.

" Don't cry Ally I'll be back before you know it baby." I pull myself together before I replied.

"I know sweets I'm alright, I'm not crying." I'm lying and we both knew it.

"I'm looking forward to holding you honey. " I hear a muffled call though his door.

"Ally sweetheart, I gotta go Frank is calling me and I cant ignore him any more and I have a meeting to go to."

"Ok I'll talk to you later Mike. Bye I lo…….I'm looking forward to seeing you too."

I catch myself before the words slipped out of my mouth. What was surprising is how natural it felt for them to almost glide off my tongue. Luckyly for me he had not caught it in his distraction with Frank.

"Bye babe."

And with that he's gone. I resume watching my program with a glass of wine and some fruit. My mind was totally not on Perry anymore instead it was focused on the little slip up I almost had. I have no idea if Mike even feels anything the same for me. Sure he liked me, that much was certain but love me too psssh maybe not.

A week and a half had passed and my progress on the mural was more than satisfactory as a matter of fact in less that a week I will be closing in on the finish line. Every day seemed like a blur of the same old same old of my life before Mike. Paint, lunch with Sandy , home, paint lunch with Sandy and LL home, paint lunch with uncle Q home and so it went. At least at night I got to cuddle up on my couch and indulge in long sweet conversation with Mike. It was always the highlight of my day and he lulled me to sleep every night with whispers of sweet nothings, naughty things and adulations. That is how the past week had gone. Today would not be any different. It started the same I felt like I had paint coming out of my ass and my eyes felt like they were crossing from all the intense detail I was putting into my work. I could not wait to finish up. It looked incredible if I could say so myself . Michael was still in Cali and I needed to get my mind off of missing him which is why I agreed to accompany Sandy and LL to some album release party in Williamsburg. At least it was in my neck of the woods so I could drive there. Sandy was going to stay over at my place so she would now have to go all the way to the Bronx in the dead of night on the god forsaken number 2 train.

The party was in full swing and Run DMC's " Its tricky was pumping through the large space. I was so glad I dressed for dancing as soon as Salt and Pepper's "Push it" came on and some how me and Sandy end up the center of attention as we jammed in the middle of the dance floor. LL and his boys had arrive not long after we did and no doubt was around here somewhere hitting on the hapless girls in the crowd. The night was turning out to be a great idea. The song came to an end and I tell Sandy I'm going to the bar. Sitting down I order a white wine and begin to savor it. Slow jams had now taken the place of the high energy vibe of Rap music. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"May I have this dance girl?" I tun to find LL grinning like the cat who swallowed the canary.

I look at him skeptically at first but I concede to the fact that there would be no harm in it.

"I guess so James just keep your hands to yourself boy."

"Just come on girl." He pulls my arm and I follow him onto the crowded dance floor.

Bodies swaying all around us we find an open space and he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close to him as I drape my arms loosely over his shoulders.

"So when are you going to let me get with you girl?" He licks his lips and looks me in the eyes so I know he is not joking around.

He has made his intentions towards me clear on more than one occasion but as good as he looked and as good a friend as he was, I could not see myself with him and now that Mike was in the picture there was no way in all of hells fires was I going to give him a chance.

"James, please I told you you are my friend no more. If you can't handle that then I don't know what to tell you." I could hear him sigh heavily as he looked away and then back at me.

"Nah we cool girl I could take being friends, for now." The last part was said under his breath but with our close proximity I still heard it.

"You know your girl Sandy gives us her blessings." I chuckle as I look over to the VIP lounge area to see Sandy looking at us and she flashed me two thumbs up.

I squint my eyes at her shaking my head.

"Whatever boy, now just be quiet and dance."

No one knows about me and Mike so as far as they were concerned I was on the market. The song comes to an end and I ease my body out of his arms and thanked him for the dance before excusing myself to leave the dance floor.

"I'm going to get you yet girl, I'm wearing you down." He calls out to me and I wave him off without looking back.

I was ready to leave, it was getting late and I wanted to head to the studio tomorrow.

"Hey Sandy I'm ready to bounce, are you coming?"

"Yeah girl let me get my bag."

When we emerged into the cool night air I look over at Sandy incredulously.

"Why did you tell James you gave him your blessing to be with me, getting that boys' hopes all up?"

"He's cute girl and he really likes you so why not, Your not seeing anyone are you?" She looked over at me expectantly.

"No." Came the simple answer, a lie amongst lies and guilt settled in the pit of my churning stomach.

We hop into my ride and we travel with Sandy talking a mile a minute about her new found relationship with Saul. I nod my head in the appropriate places in the conversations followed by a "Really"and "Oh wows" but my mind was somewhere else it was in California tucked neatly in bed with the man that I now yearned for.

Morning could not have come quicker for me. I was doing the count down. Mike would be back tomorrow night and I could not wait to see him again. I felt as if my river had run dry and he was the monsoon rains I would need to survive further without withering away. God I tend to wax poetic a little too much. I laugh to myself joining Sandy in the kitchen.

"God home girl all you have up in here is bird food. How do you live?" She laughed digging through my cupboards, she settled for some cold cereal as I put on some coffee.

"I live just fine girl don't worry about me." I laugh at the sour face she gives as she went back to her cereal.

The phone began ringing and Sandy picks up due to her being closer to it.

"Kamau residence." she looked over at me with a wink.

"Yes she's may I as who's calling, ok hold on, Its some guy named Dan, he sounds kinda familiar do I know him?"

"No you don't mind your business girl, I'll take it in the bedroom. Hang up when I tell you to."

"I got it Sands." I yell listening for the click on the other side before I begin to talk.

"Hey baby how are you?" My voice was heavy with longing.

"I'm good now that I hear your voice. I missed you last night. I called but you I guess you were out" He cleared his throat waiting for my response.

"Yeah I went out with Sandy and LL it was a last minute thing. We went to this album release party."

"Oh did you have fun babe?"

"Yeah I did but I missed your voice too. Just one more night right? You come back tomorrow right?"

"Yeah." He answered but his voice sounded faint.

"Are you ok Mike?" I asked with concern, he had started sounding a little off after I mentioned going out earlier.

"Yeah baby, just tired is all.. It feels like it's been forever Ally. I can't wait to see you honey."

"What time do you get in Sweets."

"Like ten pm." He added.

"Will I see you then?" I ask anxiously.

"Maybe not I have a meeting early the next morning so I'll probably just go home and crash." He cleared his throat and sighed.

"Oh." I say with much disappointment.

"Don't worry girl you'll see me later after the meeting and studio time."

"You promise?"

"Yeah promise" I could hear the smile in his voice over the phone.

"Well in any case call me when you get in ok baby?"

"Ok Ally I will. I will talk to you then honey."
"Bye Dan" I laughed.

No sooner than I was off the phone Sandy ambushes me with questions.

"Soooooo who's Daaaaaan?" I look at her and shake my head a smile on my face.

"This guy I've been talking to on the phone."

"Since when?" She asked quirking her eyebrow at me.

"Aren't we nosey." I brush the question off and walk into the kitchen.

"Your not getting off that easy girlfriend, since when?"

"It's been a week satisfied?"

"He sounds cute and very familiar. you sure I don't know him?" She was trailing behind me like a lost puppy now.

"Yes he's cute and for the last time no you don't know him. You're not getting anything else out of me so save the questions missy."


"Thank god it's Saturday girl, what you doing today?" She changed the subject.

"I still got to go into the studio today. You are welcome to hang out till I get back, we could watch a movie." I say heading to the shower.

"Cool." She kicked her feet up on the coffee table.

"Make yourself at home girl."

I was glad for the quiet of the shower still a little sad that it would be two days before I saw Michael instead of the one and a half I thought it would be. At least I can pout in peace in here I thought.

I had the studio to myself thank God the weekend receptionist was not in today so recording was out for the day. I made quick work of my task and head home as soon as I'm satisfied with the outcome. I picked up dinner and and the new "Indiana Jones" movie before I headed home. Pizza for Sandy and Some Indian food for myself. Once home we laid out in the living room watching the movie and digging into our food.

"Thanks for the food girl. I was starving over here nibbling on your bird food." Sandy teased.

"No problem homie. Hey you want to share a joint with me?"

"Hell yeah, break it out."

I never really get burnt out when I smoke a joint, instead it left me feeling inspired so I left Sandy sleeping on the couch and headed down to my art studio where I pull out a new canvas and I get to work. There is no surprise that the subject just happened to be the man that occupied my every thought for the past month or so. It was already 4am in the morning when I decide to call it quits. I clean up and put away my paint supplies. Sandy was still passed out on the couch just as I had left her earlier. Her mouth agape and her arm tossed across her eyes. I covered her with the light blanket she had used the night before. I thought of waking her and getting her to one of the guest rooms but she looked too comfortable. I enjoyed a quick ciggy before I took a quick shower and brush my teeth. Sleep came quickly.

"One more day and those arms will be wrapped around me again. Damn I'm thirsty." I thought just as I'm wrapped in a blanket of darkness.

I'm awaken by Sandy shaking my shoulder.

"Hey girl, I'm leaving."

"What time is it?" I answer with a yawn

"Its 11:30." She added

"Oh ok I'll see you tomorrow get home safe ok?"

"Thanks for the sleepover."

"No problem hun" I immediately went back to sleep I had no reason to be up right now and I was still tired anyway.

It was not until around 1pm that my eyes finally pop open. I headed to the bathroom and took care of my hygienics, a light brunch and I was back in the studio to finish the work I had started last night. I wanted to surprise him with it tomorrow night when I finally see him. I had made really good head way on the painting. I went with my favorite era, the 40's. Mike was wearing a black suite with red pinstripes a fedora and a white over coat rested delicately on his shoulders. On his feet he wore black shoes with white spats covering them. Leaning against a juke box flipping a coin his face was stoic but he held a glint of mystery in his eyes. I was pleased with how it looked so far. I could only hope he liked it. It was 6pm when I was finally finished and I made my way back upstairs to get some dinner. A light salad and roasted red peppers was washed down by a nice glass of honey wine. I was feeling a little grimy and paint splattered from my work in the studio so a shower was in order. I dried off slipping on some panties and the fluffy robe Mike wore while he stayed here, it still had his scent on it so I cuddled into it and draped myself across the couch.

While flipping through the channels my intercom sounded and I looked over at the time 8:15 the large numbers on the wall clock shone at me. I wonder who that could be now. "Who is it" I pressed the listen button to wait for the response.

"It's Quincy." Came the muffled reply.

"Ok, come on up." I buzzed him in and waited at the door to open it.

"Hey uncle Q what are you…………"

The door swings open and my words are put to a halt. For its not Uncle Q at all, its Michael standing there with a huge grin and an overnight bag.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miiiiiiiiiiike!!!!" My scream was so loud he flinched back a little holding his ears.

I jumped on him and he caught me right away.

"Alem my ears! Surprise baby girl. You missed me huh?"

He walked us into the loft and kicked the door closed with heel of his loafers. Speechless I slam my lips into his. The kiss deepens as he slips his warm tongue into my welcoming mouth. I moan longingly into his sweet mouth. He puts me down breaking the kiss as he caresses my jaw with his thumb looking into my eyes.

"I missed you so much Ally." He placed another lingering kiss on my lips.

"God I'm so glad to see you, this is a surprise. I thought I wasn't going to see you till tomorrow night."

"I came back earlier. I couldn't wait any longer to see you."

"Are you hungry? I could make you some food." I offered.

"Nah I ate on the plane besides I'm hungry for something else." His eyes darken with lust as he pulled me in for another languid kiss.

This time I break the kiss and pulled him into the bedroom with me. I began to slowly unbutton his red oxford shirt and slip it off. I remove his fedora and toss it to the chair on the side chair across the room. His gaze was intense as he took in my every move. He reached over and untied the belt that held the robe to my body and I shrug it off and it falls to the floor revealing my almost naked body. He pulled me to him burying his head in my neck placing delicate butterfly kisses along the way in between sucking and licking at my sensitive flesh. My hands get lost in his ebony mop of curls and I press my body firmly against him.

" Mmmmmm, girl daddy missed you so much." He lowered our bodies slowly on to the bed.

He hovered over me as he took in every inch of my body. His warm brown eyes finally rested on mine .

"I love you Ally." I'm floored and my mouth opens to say something only to be silenced by his finger meeting my lips.

"Let me finish baby girl. This past two weeks were absolutely miserable without you. I missed you so much I felt like a part of me was absent. The last time I made love to you I realized it. No one has ever made me feel the way you do. Both in my body and my soul. I need you Alem. I need you in my life girl."

He breaks his reverie and looks down at his hand running up and down my chest.

" I Love You." He looked back up at me and I'm stock still.

I felt him stiffen with apprehension and he began to look away from me. Quickly I grab his face and pull it so he faced me. My eyes flited back and forth from one of his to the other and the sincerity in them cause large droplets of tears to spill forth from my eyes.

"I love you too Michael. So much it hurts." His lips met mine and we get lost in each other. He loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment